Fearfully & Wonderfully Blog #3: Sizzling Summer Sun
Scooter has a story to share with you about his new life as a Florida doggie! I am loving my new Florida life…I feel so at home! My personality shines more and more every day. My people tell me that includes both stinker and sweetie pie. Being a Florida doggie has been an adjustment, too. I try to stay on a schedule where I go out for my long walk in the evening because it’s cooler in the evening here in August. I used to go for my longer walk in the afternoon, but I’m doing a good job with my new schedule. I normally go out only for a short time in the middle of the day when it’s the hottest. I like the early mornings too.
But sometimes my people like to go out and get sunshine when it’s sunnier outside because I heard there’s this thing people like to get called a suntan. They can’t get this suntan thing in the evening when it isn’t sunny outside. So every once in a while they bring me out in the afternoon and let me walk a little, but they usually put me in my stroller most of the way so my paws don’t get too hot.
One day, they took me out at 4pm because they wanted to get their suntan at the beach. There was a good breeze so we were all happy to go. I love the beach and exploring on the sand! I had a great time on the sand and we brought a wonderful straw blanket and my water. We only stayed for about 20 minutes. I was happy for the rest of the day and at bedtime I felt like I had a fun, full day and I went right to sleep. The next morning I slept in and it took me a while to get up and about. I went outside to my fenced backyard like I usually do and although I didn’t eat any grass, I kept having the desire to eat it (hmmmm normally I don’t feel that way/it’s not characteristic of me). I came inside and crunched on my treats, but mommy noticed that I wasn’t gobbling them up like I always do. It was a little more challenging for me to eat my treats.
Mommy put out my breakfast for me, but I went right back into my doggie bed. She was a little nervous I wasn’t eating my breakfast (this is also not like me at all). Then she realized that I was due for my combo of Calc Carb 200C/Belladonna 3C. I’ve been using it to help my cataracts, but this morning Mommy gave me some directly in my mouth because it fit in so many other ways for my situation.
Calc Carb is good for being slow to get up, lack of energy, and I wanted to eat the grass outside this morning, again which I’m normally never interested in. Belladonna is good for possible tooth pain because I was slow to eat my treats, and for the potential that I had gotten a little bit of heat stroke the day before. I fell fast asleep for about 10 minutes after she gave me the remedy and a few minutes later I hopped up and went over to eat my breakfast! It was exactly the remedy I needed!
You could probably tell how excited Scooter was to tell you his latest remedy story! It’s amazing how animals respond so quickly to homeopathy ~ especially to a remedy they really know they need. Remember, oftentimes with people and animals, the more acute and intense the situation is, the faster a remedy will act.
This blog is intended for educational purposes only and for further study and conversation. Please reach out anytime with your questions, thoughts, or comments! I love hearing your stories too…we can all learn from one another!
Comments
Post a Comment