Fearfully & Wonderfully Blog #4: Big Bad Bugs

Spending time outside in the summer and fall is so much fun, but outdoor activities also bring with them a boatload of bothersome bugs.  Whether you're affected by mosquitos, no-seeums, or another bug that bites, homeopathic remedies can help with the intense itching these nasty critters inflict on your skin.

For the itching and/or swelling associated with bug bites, we normally think of Apis, Ledum, Staphysagria, or Urtica Urens.  Other times, we may need to think a little more outside the box.  I spent a summer evening at the beach and when I got back home, my legs were covered in big nasty bites (most likely from no-seeums).  The itching was quite bothersome!  I took a remedy called Caladium Seguinium also known to relieve intense itching from insect bites.  Boericke describes in his Materia Medica, "Insect bites that burn and itch intensely."  I had Caladium in a 12C and I used it as often as needed for many days, and after about a week, I no longer needed it at all.  I could have used it in a 30C too, but the 12C happened to be what I had on hand and it worked beautifully.  Not only did I find it helped with the intensity of the itching, but Caladium also helped the bug bites to shrink in size.

If bugs always seem to find you, Caladium Seguinium may be a good remedy to add to your toolbox in a 12C or 30C for the next time you and your family are on an outdoor adventure.  Being prepared with homeopathic remedies makes every experience more enjoyable.  Your mind can truly be at ease knowing you have the tools for whatever might come your way.

This blog is intended for educational purposes only and for further study and conversation.  This is a general and not an individual recommendation.  I always love learning and growing together as we all gather experiences with our gentle and effective homeopathic remedies.  Please reach out to me anytime with your questions and comments!

Check out my website, social media, and professional practitioner page below!

https://www.homeopawsllc.com/

https://www.instagram.com/homeopaws/

https://findapracticalhomeopath.com/aphg/homeopawsllc-com/





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fearfully&Wonderfully Blog Number 1: Red Hot Fire Ants!

Fearfully & Wonderfully Blog #2: A Powerhouse Remedy for Your Bones